Nov 6, 2009

Back from Houston

Just got back from Houston, where I visited Beren Academy, the Emery-Weiner School, and the JCC. I gave several of my multi media presentations on The Other Half of Life, as well as did writing workshops for smaller classes. I was so impressed by the students at Beren, EW, and the JCC. They were great audiences, fabulous writers, and inquisitive minds. They asked wonderful questions about the St. Louis and my book, and in the workshops produced some top-notch writing! The general enthusiasm and energy of the students blew me away!

Thanks to the whole group who planned my visit and made my trip so pleasant: Marilyn Hassid and Judy Weil at the JCC, Elaine Lupovitch at Emery-Weiner, and my hosts Isabelle Meyer and Shira Yosher. And of course the biggest thanks to all the students!

No comments:

Post a Comment